Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Grampians at Easter Part 3...I think!!


So, before I go on any more about our venture, when we met our friends Phillip, Michelle and their little man Braxton .. I must tell you our adventure there. When we came down from the Tower Hill climb, I spotted a little boy jumping round through the bushes..seemingly on his own. He was so cute! I said to the kids, "Oh look, a little native jumping around the bush! Hello there". He yelled out "Hello!". I said to him, "You have the best coloured T-shirt on, my favourite orange". To which he replied, "It is my mum's favourite colour too". "Well then", I said, "We must be like sisters". And then we met his Mum and Dad. We all got on like a house on fire. Mia ran off to play with Braxton and then he came running back to us all screaming at the top of his lungs... he had fallen from a blackened tree (from the fires of 2006). It had cut his chin open and embeded in his chin.
Quick action. We cleased the wound, I got out tweezers and pulled out the debris, we cleansed it again and then I made my own steri-strips to hold the wound together. We used a Primapore dressing that I had on me to cover it. Michelle and Phil then decided they better take little man to Stawell Hospital. We planned to meet the next day, to which you have seen the footage of us all four wheel driving.
We phoned our new friendslater on, they were returning from the hospital. The nurse said she need not do anything as the First Aid was more than adequate. I was so pleased!

9 comments:

Middle Child said...

Onya cazzie..wo needs a doc when they have YOU

karisma said...

Bravo Caz! So do you wanna come camping with us too? Just askin' coz I have no idea with the real nursing stuff, I only heal with my hands! Hehe! Teamed up we might just be awesome! We are totally going camping away from civilization!

G-Man said...

I would would have guessed the same knowing that you are an Angel of Mercy.
And a very beautiful one at that!!

Anonymous said...

Gee, how would it have been if the hospital nurse said, 'Which butcher patched you up'.

Mom said...

It is always handy to have a nurse around.

Cazzie!!! said...

Therese, awwww :)

Karisma, what a team we could be!

Galen, I am blushing you know!

Andrew, LMAO, I love that!

Mom, I am guessing it is handy, except if the nurse is your Mum and she always says, "Stop whinging, if you don't need a blood transfusion then everything has got to be ok". Haha

FoxyMoron said...

I bet they're glad you were there! I know I would have been.

jillie said...

I HAVE AN AWARD FOR YOU ;O)

Ann ODyne said...

What a good mother you are!

You deserve one of divine Mothers Day Gifts, and the purchase funds the fight against animal cruelty in Australia ( a LOT of which there is - just Guugle "bobby calves" if you think the milk industry is not cruel).