Monday, January 28, 2008

Australia Day Concert...

Hubby and I went to the Australia Day Police Concert, supported by Fergie. It was really awesome. We danced and sang and we were in the best area possible...not in proximity to the stage, yet in relation to sound. Also, in our section people were up and dancing... even when the ushers were telling us all to remain seated. Yeah...right!! Haha
The concert was held at the MCG..or, affectionately known as "The G" in Melbourne...hallowed turf really. It is where our beloved Footy is played in the cooler months of the year..and, where the Grand Final is also held. It holds plenty of people which is great for footy, and it would be great for concerts if the sound would not rebound. The sound did rebound for Fergie, she came out first. She belted out her tunes, and looked really wonderful on the big screens. Her dancers shook their booties too. Yet the sound, the echo was terrible. I was thankful that when the Police came on their sound was just brilliant. Coupled with fire works outside The G and everyone in great Aussie spirit, it made for a great outing to remember.
The Police played out every single hit they ever had, and we all sang heartily along with them. They truly are fine musicians.
Yesterday Tom and I played some one on one basketball at the local park and Mia and Sarah played on the swings. We had a laugh trying to beat each other, Tom and I. Usually there'd be no contest, but Tom is as tall as I am now and well, it is on for young and old!

13 comments:

Steph said...

I heard Fergie was shitful. Was she really that bad?

G-Man said...

If I were there...
I'd be The G-Man at the G!!
I'm glad you had a rockin time Cazzie...G
xox

Jay said...

I haven't been to a concert in years. That sounds like a really fun time.

Melly` said...

Wow!

Romeo Morningwood said...

Sounds incredible! I am going to a concert this year..Yippee! I'm goingto see the Foo Fighters with my kids in March.

I'm a little deaf so I should be OK.

Jules said...

I've heard that Fergie isn't that great in concert. My sis went to the Black Eyed Peas and reckoned the boys were good life but she sounded a bit out of tune. Looked good though!!

Coffespaz said...

Totally jealous am I...I love the Police and Sting just by himself. Glad you got to go and had such a wonderful time!!

Keshi said...

how nice Caz! I hvnt been to a concert in years..mebbe Im getting old after all :(

Keshi.

A Slice of My Life said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

Happy Belated Australia Day!

Cazzie!!! said...

Steph, lol, well, I reckon she is just a great little package. Thing is, she can certaqinly belt out a tune live, but she is better suited to a small venue, and better suited if she got herself some sound techs who could do their job. The sound echo, or feedback to stage area had to be just awful!

Galen, LOL, you make me laugh mate.

Jay, it sure was, last concert hubby and I went to was INXS..that was years ago.

Melly..how are u hon?

Homo Esc, awesome stuff, the Foo are way cool!

Jules, as my Grandpa would say, "She is sex on legs"..wahetever that means..and....he says that to describe Tina Turner! LOL

Thanks for the hattip on the camps too Jules, ur a legend!

Coffeespaz, me too! I love the Creedence and yet I will miss their concert because it is Mia's birthday! Oh well, cant help that.

Keshi, you have to go to one, and just BOOGIE! :)

A slice, thanks lovey...hope your days a great too!

captain corky said...

Sounds like a blast! I like one or two of Fergie's songs. Yep, I admit it. ;)

Queenie said...

Police are one my hubbies favourite, its how we sort of met. Sounds like you had a superb time.

Middle Child said...

Showing my age here Caz...vaguely heard of Police ... no images or songs come to mind...but Fergie...well then I am sort of stuck in the '60's and '70's so forgive me... glad you had a ball