Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Well, after days of waiting for the cement to dry and the rain to stop falling the bus was moved off of the street and up into the yard. It was a darn cold night too, I have to say. Once Andrew finished driving and positioning her onto the concrete blocks, I darted inside to check on my masterful lasagne that was baking in the oven inside.I had not attempted to make this dish in a long time. But the kids loved it...a job well done.
Today Andrew has been working on the bus, stripping it further more inside. We took all the seats out and recycled the stainless steel that was once the base of each chair. All the money went back into tools and batteries for the bus. Last thing that has been acomplished today was the de greasing of the motor and a few other mechanical jobs that needed doing.
When we have cleaned the inside of her up a bit more, I will post pics of the gutted interior..then I will take pics of us lining her with insular materials and so forth.
It looks like we will be going for a woodgrain-look linoleum as opposed to actual wood....apparently it has longevity.
I got a sewing machine from my mum today and I plan on sewing up a storm soon enough. My baby girl Mia is very interested in it too, looks like I may have to give her some sewing lessons. We may begin with making a cotton material handbag...the design....A CAT!!!!