Thursday, April 13, 2006

Cannot help dumb!!

How dense can some people be? Can't people just use common sense?
Just an hour ago I witnessed before my very own eyes a two car collision.
Here am I sitting in my car at the lights, my light is red. Through the intersection comes a car, on a green light and at the same time another car decides to pull through on her RED arrow into the person already in the intersection. BANG! The car it hits, spins and then rolls on it's side. I looked in my rear view to see no one was moving and got out and called OOO.
"Police, fire or ambulance?", "All three thanks". As I turn around, these dim wits are tryin to break the windscreen of the car on it's side..with a massive screwdriver. Glass going everywhere.
Then, the next thing amazed me....they decide to right the car onto its wheels again with the driver in the car. "Leave it, don't do it" I am sayin, theyre like, "Well she has to get out of the car". "Well, if she has anykind of spinal damage youve just fuckin worsened it!"
They still persist to tell her to get out of the car. I sat on the road next to her and said, "Listen love, I'm a nurse, you MUST stay there, you don't appear to be injured right now but you must stay there. The ambulance is coming and they will assess you first." "But I'm alright she says", so I say,"Yes, you appear to be but it is precautionary not to move you, it is very important, OK" She agreed.
The cops and firies and ambos came quick. The heroes who righted the car fucked off before there were any questions, they knew theyd done wrong after it had been explained to them. Apart from the green shit coming out of both cars' radiators...there was no risk of any blow ups like in the movies.
The emerg services were pissed too that the car was righted up. Anyhow, I gotta say that I was glad the ambos came quick to take the lady to hospital, collar on and all. I just hope that her spine is cleared and then she can go on home and rest up over Easter. Certainly puts your life into perspective AGAIN when you see this..Im gunna enjoy my Easter and not whinge one bit...maybe a little, yet not as much.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Cazzie,
What is it with these do good fucktards who want to be heroes, yet have no idea what they are doing. Can't they just stand back, and let those of us who know how to deal with these things, deal with them.
I can just see you getting all fired up about it. It is surprising the car didn't put itself back on it's side after hearing you have a go at the idiots.
HooRoo
Rebecca

Cazzie!!! said...

Yes right you are, I thinks that is why they racked off when the services came along, glad my message got through to them. I am pretty laid back in nature realy yet..this lady needed an advocate and there was another RN and I there that were trying to do just that.,,advocating for her. The other RN left in disgust at the others for having not listened.
Anyhow, I am just glad to see the lady was taken away..hope she goes ok.
Always, my advice to my patients who are discharged from Emergency with all their skeletal system intact....buy yourself a lotto ticket because you deserve to win today. I also get teary when they are walking out the door..because its nice to see theyre ok
Cazzie!!!

Rebecca said...

Hi Cazzie,
This other RN has breached her duites. If she got involved, she has to stay there until the Emergency services arrive and take charge. Naughty her, good on you for staying.
HooRoo
Rebecca

Cazzie!!! said...

Yes you are right and I did seek the "OK to leave once the ladies were taken by the ambulance to hospital for treatment. I could never leave thats a certainty.
Thanks Rebecca :)

Huggies said...

Should have noted the rego of the so called heros if they were in cars.

Speaking of accidents I got hit by a car at work tonight. Lucky it wasn't very serious.

Cazzie!!! said...

Thank goodness Mr Huggies that it wasnt serious for you...saty safe ok....the heroes came from the out of the shopping centre so theres no way of knowing their rego's unfortunately.
Stay safe this Easter..Cazzie!!!