Friday, October 29, 2010

Pay It Forward...

Nick's tutor for his acoustic guitar lessons spoke to me after his lesson on Wednesday. He says that Nick is the fastest progressing student he has had in a long while, and that Nick will play two songs and will be first up at the concert in November. Exciting much! Nick is happy about it and is entertaining us with his tunes each day.
All the kids are going so well right now and I cannot believe the school year is almost over. That means Tom will be year 8, Nick year 6, Sarah year 4 and Mia year 2. I also cannot believe it when I am asked by my patients how long I have been nursing and it is 18 years since I completed my Degree in Health Sciences in Nursing... but I was working as a ward assistant from the age of 17yrs, which makes it 21 years in total I have been in health care. Time goes sooo fast!
Something else I know has not changed... and that is the love I feel for my husband. It just gets stronger... not matter if I crack the shits with him for something trivial.. it is reciprocated haha. But, my heart flutters when I hear him come up the drive from work.. or walk in and hop into bed at 3am after a late shift... and, I am so proud of my kids too.
Also, I have this thing now with paying it forward... doing something "in kind"... and when people ask me what I want in return I say "pay it forward" do something for someone else that is not me.. and I am sure something great will happen to me in return in the future. For me, I payed it forward my helping out a man in the car park at work the other day. He was so happy, and asked me how he could contact me to pay me back in some way. Apart from safety, I just blurted out... "I just ask you to help someone else in need when you see it in front of you.. please do not worry". It was only $9 I had given him that allowed him to get out of our stinkin' money-grabbin' work car park! Haha.. so people, start payin' it forward.. I don't mean in monetary terms I mean, just helping others.. no matter how small.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Kindness makes the world such a better place.

Ginnie said...

Congratulations to Nick! Isn't it wonderful when our kids make us so proud?
"Paying if forward" is one of my favorite expressions ... as well as actually doing it.

Betty said...

Good going, Nick!

FoxyMoron said...

Great sentiment Cazzie.

Middle Child said...

That movie "pay it forward" describes how we should all try to be. If you do a favour for someone - its not needed to have it paid back from that person - without any expectation of reward someday it will come back when you need it - I like to think this