Saturday, June 06, 2009

Long Weekend..

It is the Queens Birthday holiday on Monday so there is a long weekend for us here Down Under..I suspect through out the Commonwealth. Thing that gets me is, it is not, in fact, the current Queen's Birthday... wish I had a day off of everything each year on my birthday..in fact, you can all have December 11th off with me, ok LOL.
Nick has the dreaded croup. That is no fun. It ought to settle in the next few days, which means he will be A1 for return to school Tuesday... we will sit on that one. Isn't it just the way? Poor little man. Croup is quite scary to say the least.
Heard on the radio that Winter has truly begun in the Snow regions..good luck to them, I hate the cold, bring on Spring already! I shouldn't be like that but I am out there riding my bike in drizzle and fog..fog that lasts all day, it is kind of depressing in a way. Nature does behave differently though, I love hearing the frogs and seeing the bird life along the river and at the wet lands.
My gorgeous sister came to visit last night, and every time she comes over the kids are just so excited , me too :) Hopefully we will see her again this weekend.

6 comments:

G-Man said...

The Queens still alive?

Well Happy Birthday Lizzy!!

Hi Cazz....Have a Great Long Week-End...G

Mom said...

You can all take May15 off too and celebrate my birthday.

karisma said...

Hehe! Well it was my birthday on Friday, You can just pretend we had the off in my honour. Not that it particularly makes much difference at our house. (We did take Thursday and Friday off too so it was an extra long weekend).

FoxyMoron said...

We can feel the wind coming off the snowfields here today (Sunday), it's freezing out, but I love it.

Jayne said...

Hope your young man is feeling better (((hugs))), Winter is a cow for kids sometimes.

Middle Child said...

Ah! Melbourne Weather HMMMM!