Monday, August 18, 2008

Questions..


"Mum, what does the o in o'clock mean?" ...well, I was not actually completely sure, so thanks to wikipedia, I have the answer.. It is the shortened form of "of the clock", that is, "according to the clock".
So there you go, that and many more questions to come I am sure, and I am also sure this is a tame question compared to those that will come from growing children!

Why just the other day, while I was driving, Nick asked a question about something that was said on the news. It was pertaining to the sexual assault of a woman. It was difficult to think of the most correct answer while I was maneuvering through a tough intersection at 5pm, yet I think I answered it appropriately and truthfully.


11 comments:

Stace said...

Gosh, the questions kids ask... I don't get on well with children, I try to avoid them, but one day motherhood will strike and I'll be stumped for answers...

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Woah, good on you, mum!

One of the better ones we got hit with was, "Why is toast square?" hahahaaa.

karisma said...

There you go! We DO learn something new everyday!

Anonymous said...

I take no pride in saying, I knew that about o'clock. Smart question though. Answering children's question about sexual stuff must be hard or will be hard. As you said, you must tell the truth but put it in a certain palatable way.

Queenie said...

"where do tears come from"?
"why are rain drops that shape"
I really learnt a lot when my son was of that inquisitive stage, I learnt something else visiting here...

rosemary said...

pretty clever child....and mom too. I got the boring questions....why is so spelled sew too. Wouldn't the sentence tell you the meaning?

G-Man said...

WELL...?
What did you say?

Mom said...

My favorite sex question from my then five-year-old was asked in the check-out lane of the grocery store. "Mommy, Just what did Daddy do to help you get a baby in your tummy?"
The entire line of customers waited quietly for my answer.

Keshi said...

Kids can ask some of the smartest qns ever :)

Caz come n read my 'gratitude' post to AUS.


Keshi.

Middle Child said...

Wait your kids set you up as a group and ask you "Mum what do gay men actually do?" and laugh as you try to put it in the best light, till with peals of laughter they said"but we already knew that we wanted to shee how you explained it" Bastards

Anonymous said...

I've never even thought about the O in clock!! lol