Wednesday, December 19, 2007

That time of the year...

I guess everyone hears this phrase "It's that time of the year again!" For me I am excited for the kids for Christmas morning. But, right now I get frustrated because of the "silly season" and its impact on so many adults who behave so silly out there. Namely the people who have their head in the clouds as they drive. My message is clear "PLEASE LOOK WHERE YOU ARE DRIVING AND DO NOT SPEED.....IT CAN KILL SOMEONE". One of my daughter's little class mates has lost his dad because of a motor vehicle accident. Of course, accidents ought not happen if everyone is careful.
Emergency departments don;t slow down with casualties in the silly season...so let's make it safe season so the New Year and every day can be celebrated safely. Make it home safe from work or school or from having been out ok. Thankyou.

8 comments:

Queenie said...

Wise words lady...

rosemary said...

I agree with queenie....and to add a bit...Put your stupid cellphones away, stop smoking while driving and turn the radio off so you are paying attention.

gawilli said...

I couldn't agree more. Although those same things frustrate me even without the holidays. What I dislike most about this season is those that can't find it in their hearts to be kind. I make it my challenge to greet and smile, and yes, even strike up a conversation with them. If I can make them smile, I feel I've won! It's so easy to smile.

Gawilli

Keshi said...

good reminder Caz!

MWAH!
Keshi.

Anonymous said...

For Cazzie's and her workmates sake, let's make them bored for the next few weeks.

general_boy said...

It's shocking Cazzie... the idiocy I am seeing this week seems to outdo itself with each new day.

But the main thing is that speed cameras are saving our lives.

Apparently...

eric1313 said...

I will be safe, and you to, my considerate friend. Take care of you and that beautiful family of yours.

And a merry Christmas to you.

Middle Child said...

: )